Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sickness and Atlanta

So last week I got very sick. An hour after I got home on Tuesday I already had a fever. I felt really eat and could barely stomach anything or even walk. It was bad, so I stayed home from school Wednesday which cost me because I also missed Friday.

And now for the fun stuff!

We left for Atlanta Thursday after school ended ( around 6:30). During the 8 hour drive, I re-read Catching Fire ( since I had read The Hunger Games the day before) to gear myself up towards Mockingjay, which I still haven't read by the way. :(

Friday we went to the Aquarium! My favorite animals were the Sea Dragons, The Giant Manta Ray, the Whale Shark, the Small Asian Otters ( they were adorable), and these little pink and purple fishies. After that we ate at Gladys Nights restaurant Chicken and Waffles, at which I had catfish, chicken with gravy and rice, and Sweet Potato Cheesecake. The slice of cheesecake was delicious, but so rich that my entire family barely finished it.

Saturday we watched the Dragoncon costume parade. I enjoyed it. It was really cool, and they costumes were very well made. In the afternoon we got to shopping! Me and my mom went to Target, Old Navy, and H&M at this huge and nice strip mall that was walking distance from our apartment. My dad bought me some nice things at H&M. :) They are mostly for school though. Especially the polo. My mom and dad also went on a date and Me, Niko, and Critter just hung around the apartment.

Sunday we repeated the hanging around, but after we went to the church near the temple, and we also did it eating ice cream! My dad had to fix some stuff at the art show. At night, we had a picnic near a mini ( but still huge) replica of the Arche de Triumphe. That was also yummy.

Monday we packed up. I went shopping with my cousin Aga, but it was window shopping and I didn't buy anything. For lunch we ate at my favorite restaurant, La Madeleine! It has such good french food. :) After that we waited two hours for my dad to get his paintings and such. Nikolas played in the fountain which he loved. And then we drove home, to arrive here at 1 am this morning. And today was picture day. And I presented a project in French. Goody.


No comments: