Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Lovely Birthday Weekend

  Last week marked the end of an era for me, meaning I turned 20 and officially ended my teen years. This past year especially included a lot of growth and changes, but I don't want to focus on that in this post, I want to talk about my amazing family, friends, and in particular amazing boyfriend and how they went above and beyond to make my birthday extra special. So let's fly through the weekend day by day shall we?
 


   Friday (May 8th) - Although I had to work this day, my boyfriend arrived that night (he lives an hour away) and watched Jurassic Park (since I've never seen it before). It was nice just to be together, because in the summer especially, we rarely get to be. Distance relationships are not easy.


 Saturday (May 9th) - This day started with a morning at Universal, during which we rode the Hogwarts Express with PAUL MCCARTNEY! We were literally 20 ft away from him, but his escort asked us not to take pictures. :( American Ninja Warrior was also being filmed that day, so we enjoyed watching all the promos and looking at the towering obstacles. However, the parks were very crowded that day, so we decided to return to my place and get ready for that night. After getting ready, we drove to downtown Tampa where we ate at a restaurant called Armani's. I highly recommend it, the food was delicious, and the view was amazing. The restaurant is at the top floor of The Grand Hyatt and right on the Bay. It was also my first time eating at a 'fancy' restaurant, so it was quite the experience. I loved it. After this, we went to Straz Performing Arts Center and viewed Disney's musical Beauty and the Beast, which has been on my bucket list for a long time. It wasn't what expected, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The Beast had an incredible voice. Exhausted, we made the long drive back to my place, where my aunt, uncle, and cousin had just arrived. We chatted for a little while, and then it was bed time.

Sunday (May 10th) - This was Mother's Day, so my mom was treated extra special with a yummy brunch made by my dad. It was during this time that my parents were arguing what to get me for my birthday. I had already told them I wanted a suitcase (since a new one was desperately needed) but they couldn't decide on which one. I ended up getting this gorgeous mint green one, pictured below. There will probably be a blog post on it in the future. ;) We went to church, and then in the evening to Jetty State Park. It was little too cold for me so I didn't get in the water, but it was still nice to relax on the beach. After getting home we ate yummy pizza for dinner and went to bed.


Monday (May 11th) - I had to work. Boo. But after I got home, my family and I enjoyed watching quite a few family videos my dad had found.

Tuesday (May 12th MY BIRTHDAY) - My lovely aunt and uncle treated me  by taking my cousin and I to Magic Kingdom (where I finally got a pair of ears haha). I love Disney, and it was made extra special when we ate brunch at the Beauty and the Beast Castle (pictured below) which was so elaborately themed and decorated it seemed we were part of the fairy tale. During the day, we were able to ride almost everything, including: Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Mad Tea Party Cups, Small World, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean.


   For dinner we ate my favorite restaurant Sanaa (found at Animal Kingdom Lodge) where we basically devoured everything haha. We then returned to Magic Kingdom at night where we rode Peter Pan and the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. We also did the Enchanted Tales with Belle, which was not what I thought it would be and extremely adorable (and hilarious, but that's another story). The night ended on a high note by watching the fireworks and the Main Street Electrical Parade. I had so much fun. I truly do love Disney, it's quite magical and filled with so many memories from my childhood and beyond.


Although more things happened during the week, I feel that the weekend was the pinnacle of my birthday celebration and since this post is really long (as usual) I felt that this was a good place to end it. I loved every minute of this weekend and am so grateful to have so many loved ones, I truly am extremely spoiled.


Love you all!

Madeline


 

No comments: