1) Tom and I married in December of 2015, so this was our first year of marriage. I wouldn't say married life is complete bliss, but it is pretty sweet. :)
2) I completed two different internships, my first experiences in the 'real' working world. I loved them both and was sad when they were over, but they also showed me what I really loved doing and wanted to do in the future.
3) I traveled to various places including Alaska, North Carolina, and Utah. The most rewarding trip we took was a 10 day medical service trip to the Dominican Republic. We both want to go back.
4) I graduated from college and managed to bring my GPA back up above a 3.00.
So while 2016 was wonderful, I'm hoping to make 2017 even better, and here are the ways I want to do that.
1. Get into Graduate school
- Write an amazing personal statement
- Apply to the graduate school of my choice
- If I do not get in, take the GRE and apply to more graduate school programs
2. Excel at my job and find greater career opportunities
- Starting in February I will be working as an Americorps Community Engagement VISTA with United Way Suncoast for one year. I am very excited and hope this leads me to even more opportunities for my future career. As such, I am going to do my best to go above and beyond in this position.
3. Become healthier mentally and physically
- Eat out less
- Blog 1-2 times a month
- Read at least one book a month
- Spend less time on social media (this is a big weakness of mine)
- Exercise 2-3 times a week
4. Become closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
- Perform my calling as the Relief Society Secretary to the best of my ability
- Study the scriptures everyday (or at least more often)
- Really focus while praying
- Attend the temple monthly
- Listen to general conference talks and/or scriptures in the car instead of the radio
Tom is also working on some of these goals, so we are working on some of these together. I am very much looking forward to this year! What are some goals you hope to accomplish?

No comments:
Post a Comment